Wondering if your little bundle of joy will be a boy or girl? Here are some fun and wacky old wives’ tales said to be able to predict the sex of your baby!
pc : Alice Kerley of Lone Star Looking Glass
- According to an old wives’ tale your baby’s heart rate can be used to predict the gender. Apparently, girls have faster heartbeats than boys. Above 140 ppm means you’re having a girl, and lower than 140 bpm means it’s a boy.
- Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it’s a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
- Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she’ll steal your beauty. So, if you’ve got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you’ve got a little princess coming your way.
- Some say craving sweets indicates a baby girl is on the way, if salty and sour is on your crave list start breaking out the blue!
- Here is one of the most if not the most well-known wives ‘tales for gender predicting! Take your wedding ring and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy’s in your future. If it goes back and forth, you’ve got a girl. (Caught in the act, I totally tried this! According to this, we’re expecting a baby girl! Stay tuned to find out!)
- They say if you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. (Not sure how accurate this could be, with my son, I was constantly dreaming of giving birth to a boy and sure enough it was a boy. This pregnancy I have been waiting for a dream about what we’ll have and the other night I finally had a dream of a baby girl. I think when you dream of gender it’s your intuition telling you. We’ll see!)
- Show me your hands! When a pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it’s a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up.
- It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby.
- Ok, this one has got to be my favorite, if the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy. (My husband recently began to work out again, which mean someone feels they have been putting on the pounds besides myself lol!)
We hope these wives’ tales provided a little insight but most of all fun! Share your prediction stories with us at firstname.lastname@example.org! And don’t forget, no matter the occasion, our maternity clothes deliver style for the mommy-to-be. Dress up your bump with PinkBlushMaternity.com!